We finally made it home from the lengthy flight across the globe. What a trip!
After spending 2 weeks in Vietnam, we have come back with a few travel tips that we'd like the share:
- Pack light! It's best to buy your ammenities once you arrive in the city, everything is fairly cheap and readily available.
- Tips are not expected but greatly appreciated. It is considered proper to make a donation after a visit to a pagoda, especially if a monk has shown you around.
- The climate in Vietnam is tropical and the rain is often soaking rain. It's a good idea to bring/buy a waterproof backpack and keep plastic bags with you to keep articles in your bag dry.
- Internet cafes are in abundance in the main cities. They are clean, safe and inexpensive.
- When you depart Vietnam, you must pay an airport tax of $12 per person in either American dollars or Vietnamese dong. Make sure you have this money set aside!
Vietnam is a beautiful country with an abundance of culture, history and adventure. The dense jungle, tropical climate and the rich and unique culture give it an extremely exotic feel that I think everyone must experience once in their lifetime. Vietnam has a little to offer for every type of traveller; gorgeous sandy beaches, mountain treks, river cruises, and an endless supply of temples, pagodas, tombs and palaces that each hold a piece of Vietnamese history. There are endless opportunities to explore and discover and the people are gracious and welcoming. Go expecting the unexpected, be ready for an adventure as much as a holiday and Vietnam won't let you down!